Sunday, May 13, 2007

pursuit of Happiness

I read this article in the newspaper early this morning, and led to ponder on this statement that often gets me going. Its an article by Bishwanath Ghosh. Very well written one on an elusive entity that eludes all us.

He says he read a cover story which ran, "In search of Happiness." And wondered that we are still searching for it--- a tiny, little commodity that is within our arm's length, even though we have successfully searched for everything searchable on this planet.

Why does happiness elude us? That's because that's how it is meant to be. He gives a realistic example of how and why this eludes....

This article reminded me of the movie that was released recently. Will smith's "The Pursuit of Happyness". I happened to see the trailer and was really impressed by it. It makes us wonder if everybody in this world are trying to pursue happiness...

The writer's blog can be accessed at http://www.bishwanathghosh.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

vinukv said...

valli...I had not got the chance to read Biswanath's article...but I do suggest you watch "The pursuit of happyness"...it's worth a watch, again & again...by the by...ur blog's are good...but I do think you can put in some words.

vinu.k.v

Wesley said...

In my orkut today it said.. Happiness is Next to you.. well it is but we fail to look at it. Worrying about tmrw we loose all the happiness we have sitting besides us..

Happiness never eludes... it is right there in you.. with you..

mouli said...

I was searching for some paneer recipe and stumbled on you blog! i am sure you might have watched the movie by now! i watched when i was terribly down and alomst cried.. as in movie, it just pursuit.. we can never catch hold of happines.. so my logic is, if people around us are happy, we should be happy! njoy..

mouli said...

i was in search of some paneer recipies for my mom when i stumbled on you blog! happines is always relative. same things might not make you happy on two different ocassions.. i watched the movie when i was terribly low and almost cried! as in movie, if you make people around you happy (his son in movie!) you will feel happy automatically!