Thursday, October 29, 2009

Perceptions ~ in the still moments of life!

I knew today that my child doesn't love me as much as I love my mother!
Maybe it is wrong to compare my love with what others can.
But still it hurts!
Maybe a child can only limit the mind to elevate the horizon to its boundaries.
Maybe I haven't given enough reasons to look up on me or put me on a pedestal.
But still it hurts!
For I don't want to be on a pedestal but in her heart, to reach out to me
when she finds herself in distress, to seek my embrace when on flight!
But still it hurts!
Knowing I have fallen short in my own perception of what I was!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

U speak my mind.

kamala said...

This is true valli as a mother of two children i feel this sometimes.

KG said...

I agree with you Srivalli. We, parents of this generation have this fear.

Lakshmi said...

I have wondered about this. But I think in the child's mind the love is deep, even if it is not expressed. Or I believe so.

Srivalli said...

Jhanani..Glad to find a chord!

Kamala, thanks for the extended arm as always!

KG, you so right!, thanks

Lakshmi, you think so? I cheer on your note..thanks for dropping by